Monday 21 October 2013

O.P.I Matte Top Coat Review

I'm loving the matte nail trend so I had to try it out for myself. I think it's a great look for autumn/winter and looks great with dark or nude shades.


There are a lot of different brands doing matte nail polishes but I went with a matte top coat which means that I can turn all my favourite shades matte :) I purchased the O.P.I. Matte Top Coat from Millies.ie. I tested it with a couple of different brands and then used some of the O.P.I. shades that I have to create something different. 

I prepped my nails by filing and buffing and used a nail strengthener as a base coat. I then applied a few different brands of nail polish in various colours to see how the O.P.I Matte Top Coat faired when paired with different brands. I used shades by Catrice and Bourjois and then applied the matte topcoat. I loved the end result :) You can use a cheap nail polish and create an expensive look with the O.P.I. Matte Topcoat :) 

I then used two different O.P.I. polishes to create a reverse manicure. I applied 'Barefoot in Barcelona' all over each nail and created a tip using 'Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!' :) I think I need a bit more practice on this one but it's always fun getting creative! 



I love the O.P.I. Matte Top Coat! It's a great way to get the matte look without spending money on separate bottles of matte polish as you can use it with any brand of nail polish that you might already have :) 

Give it a go ;) 

Catherine xx

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cats-Lashes/521127247965786?ref=hl

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CatsLashes

1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Supplement Store Singapore

    ReplyDelete