Thursday 19 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review

Product: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Price: R.R.P. 7.99 (5.99 on promotion at the moment in Sam McCauley's Chemist)


Challenge Accepted ;) 


I purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation yesterday and put it to the test today. I was working from 9.30-6 and it's not a job where I just sit down all day. I'm pretty much constantly walking around, up and down stairs and on my feet so it got a bit of a workout :) I also purposely didn't reapply powder during the day to see how it would fair. 

It's a mousse foundation, clue is in the name ha :P When I first squeezed out some of the product it looked like it would be really heavy and possibly end up caking by the end of the day...but I was thankfully proven wrong. I applied the foundation using my Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 Face Buffer brush from the HD range. It went on so nicely! A little goes a long way with this product and I only really needed half of what I thought I would need :) I didn't have to use a concealer either as it has great coverage. It felt really light on and made my skin look so smooth and soft. I finished off by applying the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (tried both out today-in for a penny, in for a pound ;)




I used 'soft beige' from the various shades I could have picked. The range of colours seem great and none of them looked like they had that hint of orange that comes with other foundation ranges...no one wants to look like they've been tangoed :P 

I checked how my face was doing on my lunch break :P No Shine!!! I couldn't believe it. On a normal day I would usually have to do a little touch up of powder after my lunch but I didn't need to with the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation :D By the time I was completely finished in work my foundation had stayed looking just as good as it had that morning (I think we might need some dessert heat to break this one :P )  

I would definitely recommend this to others. It's great value for money and does exactly what it promises to do. It's great for achieving that matte look finish to the skin which is one of this season's trends. I will definitely purchase it again :)

Happy Camper :)

Catherine xx



 Facebook:

Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment