1. You will lose more body fat: you will shed the pounds but gain toned muscle and that’s what most people want to achieve at the end of the day – the toned look.
2. You will burn more calories: this form of training will elevate your metabolism and it will keep burning calories even when you are rest!
3. You will decrease your risk of osteoporosis: bone density will be increased.
4. You will reduce your risk of other diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
5. This form of training can be taken up at any age: don’t think that just because you are over a certain age that you are too old to benefit from taking up a new form of exercise.
6. You will improve your attitude and fight depression: resistance training is a great stress reliever and when you start to see what you can achieve through doing it you will gain more confidence and be happier in yourself.
7. You will have more energy: exhaust yourself during your workout and feel your energy levels rise in the long-run.
8. You will be physically stronger: stronger is the new skinny after all.
If you are going to try something new when it comes to exercise remember to have patience :) You won't see a change over-night, it will take time and commitment :)