Sunday 15 September 2013

The Make-Up Essentials

Things that I NEED in my make-up bag!


If I look in my make-up bag and see that I’m running low on some of the following, I literally feel a little bit of fear setting in :P

Foundation:
Every girl needs a good foundation. Clue is in the name - it’s the foundation for your whole look. It’s important to pick the right shade for you. I never buy foundation online as I think it’s important to see the colour first hand. I usually test it on the back of my arm and let it dry so you can see what it will actually look like. Everyone has a fair idea of their own natural skin tone so try the one closest to that first. Worst case scenario and you can’t find your perfect match, go a shade lighter and then you can darken the colour with a good bronzing powder if needs be. Just a little side note: We all know foundation is for your face but don’t be afraid to include your neck, especially if the colour is not perfect for you. No one wants to see a straight line of foundation running all the way around your jawline :/  I’m favouring L’Oreál True Match (C2 Rose Vanilla) at the moment.


Compact Powder:
If you don’t use a compact powder this is probably the reason why you look in the mirror at the end of the day and have to think back to whether or not you put on foundation that morning. Powder is essential to set your foundation and to make sure that it stays for the majority of the day. It can be used to touch up your make-up and helps to control shine. I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium).


Mascara:
They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, if that’s true they need a nice frame! A good mascara can open up your eyes and can make them appear bigger. Any more than 2 coats of mascara can give you a clumpy look which I personally am not a fan of. Benefit They’re Real Mascara is great for separating out the lashes! If you’re not particularly well endowed in the eyelash department you can always fake that one :D ;)




Eyebrow pencil:
Eyebrows are sooooo important to your face! Ever seen any of those celeb pics where they remove the eyebrows...not a good look!! Just look at poor Angelina Jolie :/
Use an eyebrow pencil to define the shape and to fill in the brow to make them appear fuller or to cover up areas where you may have gotten tweezer happy :P  (that or some brown eyeshadow will work).

I can breathe easy once I have these at hand in the morning :) Everything else I use is an added bonus for my face :P i.e. eyeliner, blush, eyeshadows etc.

What can’t you live without? 

Catherine xx


Facebook:

Twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment