Monday 30 September 2013

How to: Contour & Highlight

How you contour and highlight depends on your face shape. There are certain areas you should pay attention to depending on which face shape you are. 

Here are some diagrams that show clearly what you should highlight and contour:

CONTOURING AN OBLONGE, RECTANGLE AND SQUARE FACE:

CONTOURING A DIAMOND FACE:

CONTOURING AN INVERTED TRIANGLE AND HEART SHAPE:

CONTOURING A TRIANGLE FACE:

CONTOURING A ROUND FACE: 

CONTOURING AN OVAL FACE:

Now that you know your face shape and what you should be doing here's the products I use plus how I contour :)

Product List:
Crownbrush 10 Concealer Palette
MAC 190
Blank Canvas Cosmetics F17
Blank Canvas Cosmetics F18


I start by applying my normal foundation all over. When contouring I use a concealer palette so I try to use a light liquid foundation as your makeup will look heavy if you have a thick foundation and are applying heavy concealers over that. The Crownbrush 10 concealer palette is great as it comes with 5 contour shades an 5 highlight shades so there is something for every skin tone and you can choose how dramatic you want your contouring to look! 

I start with contouring so I take one of the darker shades on my MAC 190 and start on one side of my face and basically draw the shape of three. Do the same on the other side.


Then I use the BCC F17 and contour down the side of my nose. This is great for straightening your nose and making it look slimmer :)

I then add in some more contouring near the eyes before I move onto highlighting.

I then start highlighting. I use the same F17 brush and one of the highlights from the Crownbrush 10 concealer palette. I highlight under the eyes, under the line of contour that I have under my cheek, my chin, down the length of my nose and I finally fan out the highlight colour onto my forehead. 


I then blend using the BCC F18. It's important to get rid of all the harsh lines.

This is the kind of desired look I try to get :) half blended face :P 


 I set the finished look with some powder and then do the rest of my makeup and all that fun stuff :D

Crownbrush 10 Concealer Palette: http://www.crownbrush.ie/makeup-palettes/10-con.html
Blank Canvas Cosmetis Brushes: http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/

Hope this has helped :) 

Catherine xx


Facebook:

Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment