There are some days where you just feel tired or you've had a long week and you need a little extra boost to push you through your workout. Most people don't want to spend money on added supplements. The solution to this problem is really simple and most people will have it in there kitchen anyway - one cup of coffee prior to your workout will give you the boost you need and has other added benefits! :)
We have all heard the stories about how too much coffee is bad for you etc etc :P That applies to the people who drink coffee in excess of their need for it. If you limit yourself to one cup, pre-workout you will see how it can actually benefit you!
Reasons to drink coffee pre-workout:
1. It increases performance. You will obviously get a boost of caffeine from the coffee and this in turn will give you more energy to really give your workout your all.
2. It accelerates fat loss. Coffee can cause fat to be used as an energy source during exercise. The caffeine will also raise your metabolism and in turn burn more calories.
3. It will improve your focus which will lead to a more effective workout.
4. It decreases muscle pain. Studies have shown this to be true and this will benefit both weight training and cardio sessions as you will be able to do more reps or run for longer periods.
5. It protects against disease. Coffee contains antioxidants which help to protect the body.
If you want to give this a go limit yourself to one cup of coffee, pre workout!
Don't turn into those people who drink so much coffee they get the shakes when they are coming down from their caffeine buzz haha :P