1. Spinach is an amazing source of so many vitamins and minerals. It's packed full of goodness. It contains Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Manganese, Folate, Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, Calcium, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Tryptophan, Vitamin E, Fiber, Copper, Vitamin B1, Protein, Phosphorus, Zinc, Choline, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B3 and Selenium!
2. It's loaded with flavanoids which act as antioxidants which help to protect against disease.
3. It has a number a nutrients that can benefit the heart as it helps with cholesterol and blood pressure levels while maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
4. It helps to keep the colon healthy and helps to maintain gastrointestinal health.
5. It contains anti-inflammatory properties.
6. It can help to slow the age-related decline of brain functions
7. It helps to protect against eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
8.It is a great source of iron.
It can be eaten raw or cooked. I like to use in salads or cooked in omelettes :)
It's a little change that can make a big difference! Try it :)